Paul and I are coming to the end of our holiday in Asia and I did promise you some feedback on our wonderful trip to Myanmar.
- Your organisation of the trip was great. You were responsive to all my questions and any suggested changes I asked for, you responded immediately. Your English is excellent too.
- The guides and drivers were all very good. Always on time, I never had to worry about whether they would forget to pick us up!
- It was a good selection of places to visit and although we were there for 4 weeks it still felt quite a busy schedule
- Our favourite places were Shwedagon Pagoda, the Golden Rock, Inle Lake, the car journey through the Shan state to Kelaw, Mandalay Hill, Bagan, Mrauk U and Ngapali beach.
We liked all of the hotels except the Vintage Yacht, which WE chose and not you but wouldn't recommend you add that to your list!
- Alternative to the very long boat journey from Mandalay to Bagan. I didn't enjoy that at all, very uncomfortable seats, very little to look at as it's such a wide river, it rained and took a very long time!
- If we were doing that trip again, we would have two less days in Mandalay, one less day in Yangon and three extra days in Ngapali beach.
- I would include Inla lake, perhaps for lunch, on the Yangon sightseeing day to include Aung San Suu Kyi's house? I think it's a good idea to show the leafy prosperous side of Yangon as well as the other.
The Thande Beach hotel in Ngapali was outstanding. One of the best beach hotel and resort we've ever been to
Loved the Pine Hill in Kelaw as well
We weren't expecting much from Mrauk U but it turned out to be one of our favourites so thank you for including that.
Above all our overriding impression of Myanmar will be the friendliness of the people. Without exception we were welcomed with smiles wherever we went. You indeed live in a country to be proud of and we are very pleased to have experienced it.
"We arrived home this morning from Myanmar where we enjoyed a fantastic trip. The country is great, the people are very friendly and helpful, and the organization was perfect. Overall, everything went as planned and we were looked after very well."
"The quality of the local agent was good, the drivers drove well and were always well on time. The guides all spoke enough English to tell us a lot of information. The quality of the hotels was great! We often wondered how it could be possible that we could stay in such excellent hotels for the price of our package. Probably the agent in Myanmar has agreements with the hotels where we stayed? We regularly checked to make sure we weren't staying at 'government hotels,' which we felt was important. Nowhere was this the case."
"Thanks for the great organization of our trip to Myanmar! For us, the visit to Amarapura, Ava and Sagaing were the highlights. The guide, Khaing, was really acquainted with our culture and it felt good that he knew what we wanted to know. The trekking is right behind at number 2. It was also a special experience, thanks to our guides. All in all it was so enjoyable and impressive. For me this was the best trip so far. So, thanks for organizing it, it provided us with a relaxing holiday that was a perfect fit for us. "